Thursday, August 19, 2004

Be Cool

Had a great dinner with some lovely, funny, talented Gals tonight.
I definitely needed the laughs (and the blackberry margarita didn't hurt!)

Every now and then when I take the time to stop and look, I realize how lucky I am to know such smart, challenging people.. (You all know who are and if you don't, shame on me for not telling you more often.)

To this day I am always surprised that these people are my friends...
Yes I know, old issues of trust and cliques, etc.

I think I am still learning what being a friend means - it is so different in so many situations. It's just that over the years I became so good at building the walls and protecting myself; that is so much easier than learning how to break them down, you know?

Anyhoo, I will continue to see where life takes me and what service I may be to the guys and gals I am lucky enough to call my friends... And I will strive to follow the advice of a very wise woman...

Be cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for dinner and margueritas and sombreros!
The thing I'm learning about things is that things will never just be fixed and all better and all okay and needing no further attention. I always forget that. But when I remember that a good life benefits from good upkeep, I say unto others: let's grab a bite together and simply BE! And so we did. And thank ye kindly for the continued friendship.
I remain & etc,
The Sandwich Monkey