Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blogging during American Idol (watched on Tivo post workday)

Brandon - Forgot some words. Rough.

Melinda Doolittle is a-Doo-rable! She made a slightly boring song from the Wiz tons of fun and her reaction after, to Paula crying and to the audience, seems so genuine and floored.

Chris Sligh - the judges seem to HATE his song - Endless Love - I actually really liked his new arrangement of the song, it sounded more like Coldplay and more modern, maybe the judges should wake up to 2007 and the fact that there were songs written after 1962...

Gina - The judges reaction to her make me think that the live performances must come across a little different than they do over the tv. I think she picked the right Diana Ross song for her and seemed to have fun singing it.

Sunjaya Malakar - Why America, why?! Why is the sweet little guy still on the show? For his own sake he should have been cut before the top 12, it's only going to get more painful... speaking of painful, what's with his perm? What is a 17 year old boy doing with a perm? I love that Diana Ross asked HIM for a hug instead of the other way around! He obviously comes across as so so sweet and even she could tell.... she called him "pure love" and she told him he needed to move more... his dance moves kind of remind me of this strawberry shortcake dance that I learned from my strawberry video when I was like 6. As Mike says "Just put him in a GAP ad and get it over with."

Haley Scarnato - Ha! Please. But good job Simon, he was impressed with her vocals, that's a first. At least she followed Sunjaya so she'll come off well.

Phil Stacey - Oeuf. The head, the ears, the cheese.

Lakisha Jones - Kiki in the house!! Great dress too!

"Beat Box Blake" - Interesting. Don't tell one person that they are boring because they're just up there singing a classic song and then tell Blake that he doesn't need to reinterpret "Kepp me hanging on" in a very interesting modern way, that I don't know that I like or would listen to, but can respect and ackowledge that it is well done.

Stephanie Edwards - Wrong song, wrong arrangement.

Chris Henderson - Song didn't have a lot of impact. But he is RiDICulously adorable!! Simon is right though, if you take his charm out of the equation I wouldn't want to listen to this particular song.

Jordan - I fell asleep half way through her singing. Nuff said.

Ciao!

No comments: